Required: January 2020
Salary: £35,499 FTE, pro-rata to one day a week
Hours of work: 6.5 hours every Tuesday
The closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 13 December 2019
Interviews are planned during the last week of term.
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic Piano teacher to join our Music department from January 2020. The number of hours is dependent on the number of students but is currently equivalent to 1 day per week during term time on aTuesday. The successful applicant will be working with secondary school aged students and be required to prepare them for ABRSM and Trinity and Guildhall examinations from Grade 1 through to Grade 8. The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the trustees wish to appoint candidates of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic coeducational school.
We offer a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events); excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School); a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
DUNRAVEN SCHOOL OVERVIEW
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us.
· In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School.
· In August 2011, we converted to Academy status.
· In 2012 we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013.
· In summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed.
· In October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted.
· In 2016 we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor. The Dunraven Educational Trust was established.
· In September 2018, our Multi Academy Trust was formally set up with the integration of Van Gogh Primary, followed by Goldfinch Primary school in January 2019.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 13 December 2019
Interviews will take place during the week beginning 16 December 2019
Dunraven School is committed to the safety and protection of its students.
An enhanced DBS check with a barred list check is a condition of employment for this post.