Deadline to apply: 09 October 2023, 12 noon
Contract type: 4 days/week during term time, permanent vacancy
Required for: ASAP 2023
Thank you very much for your enquiry about the post of Teaching Assistant in the Music Department at Dunraven School. We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic individual to support the Music teachers four days a week during term time. Details of this post are included below. We look forward to receiving your completed application by the published deadline.
DUNRAVEN SCHOOL OVERVIEW
The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the school wishes to appoint candidates of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful and diverse co-educational school and keen to share in the development of our All Through Provision. Recognition of our marked progress has been significant and our journey as a school is important to us. For example:
- In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School.
- In August 2011, we converted to Academy status.
- In 2012 we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013.
- In summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed.
- In October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted.
- In 2016 we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor. The Dunraven Educational Trust was established.
- In September 2018, our Multi Academy Trust (MAT) was formally set up with the integration of Van Gogh Primary, followed by Goldfinch Primary school on 1 January 2019.
- In September 2021, Rosendale Primary School and The Elmgreen School joined our MAT.
- In April 2023 under the new Ofsted framework we were judged as a good school with outstanding features, including Personal Development and the Sixth Form
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
Dunraven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.