Required as soon as possible
Permanent, Full Time and Term Time Only
Actual Gross Salary: £22,793.29 to £23,169.22 depending on interview assessment
NJC Scale points 5 – 6 (Inner London pay scales)
Deadline to apply: 12 noon, 29 September 2023
Interviews planned for week commencing 2 October 2023
We require an enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to work with Reception class in the Primary phase of our thriving, oversubscribed and outstanding all-through school. The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the governors wish to appoint candidates of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic coeducational school.
DUNRAVEN EDUCATIONAL TRUST OVERVIEW
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. DET is a trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
We want an educational experience which provides excellence for - and expects it from - everyone. We know that this is best achieved in a school where:
- the offer is broad, balanced, inclusive, enriching and effective in meeting the needs of young people;
- staff and students are supported and challenged to be the best versions of themselves;
- relationships are positive, well established and healthy;
- practice is based on evidence and underpinned by the notion that ‘we can always do better’.
We are clear that this supports the development of children and young people (and adults) who are: resilient, courteous, optimistic, hardworking, self-disciplined, enthusiastic and creative
DUNRAVEN SCHOOL OVERVIEW
Dunraven School is an all-through school in South London and has recently been judged as ‘Good’ with Outstanding features in the 2023 Ofsted inspection. This means we have children from Reception to Year 13.
We serve our local community and celebrate our cultural diversity. Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us. Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us.
If you are successful in your application, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students.
• a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
• clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success in developing leaders;
• a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
• excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
• a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
• Access to our employee assistance programme 24/7 to support well-being and work-life balance
We look forward to receiving your completed application.
Dunraven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.