Responsible to: Assistant Headteacher in charge of Inclusion
Pay scale: ILPS + TLR2b
Work pattern: Full-time
Required for: As soon as possible
Deadline to apply: Midday, Thursday 28 September 2023
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your enquiry about this key post of Head of the Resource Base for Deaf Learners at The Elmgreen School. We are seeking to appoint a member of staff as part of our Inclusion team who has a passion to see all students succeed and a commitment to ensuring that the students at The Elmgreen School share that passion.
The Elmgreen School became part of the Dunraven Educational Trust in September 2021, and together, we are focused on developing an exciting, dynamic and progressive community, focused on improving the outcomes for children and their families.
- To provide professional leadership for the Resource Base
- Develop and implement policies and practices for Hearing Support which reflect the school's commitment to high achievement and effective teaching and learning
- Develop supportive relationships with staff, families and the deaf community, providing advice and support
- Lead the development of appropriate syllabuses, assessment and teaching and learning strategies for the development and resourcing of Hearing Support.
Dunraven Educational Trust Overview
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working,
committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.