Responsible to: Assistant or Deputy Headteacher
Pay scale: ILPS + TLR 2b
Work pattern: Full-time
Required for: January 2023 or sooner
Deadline to apply: Midday, Thursday 5 October 2023
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your enquiry about the post of Head of Computer Science at The Elmgreen School.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Head of Computer Science to provide professional leadership and management for Computer Science, ensuring high-quality teaching and learning and the achievement and engagement of all our students.
The Elmgreen School became part of the Dunraven Educational Trust in September 2021, and together, we are focused on developing an exciting, dynamic and progressive community, focused on improving the outcomes for children and their families.
- Promote teamwork, creating a climate which enables staff to develop and students to flourish
- Lead the development of appropriate syllabuses, assessment and teaching and learning strategies for the development and resourcing of Computer Science
- To secure and sustain effective teaching of Computing, evaluate the quality of teaching and standards of students’ achievements and set targets for improvement.
Dunraven Educational Trust Overview
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.