Wheatfield Primary School is seeking to appoint Year 6 Class Teacher with the opportunity to be a Whole School Curriculum Lead
We are seeking to appoint an energetic, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our team as our Year 6 Class Teacher with the opportunity of being a member of our senior leadership team with responsibilities for curriculum for the whole school. Ideally you will have experience of working in year 6.
As an outstanding teacher, you will share our vision of high aspirations, achievement, and a passion for learning with high expectations for all pupils. You will join a very hard working and dedicated team of teachers and support staff, who focus on improving outcomes for the pupils in their care.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate who will be:
• A teacher with year 6 experience
• An aspiring leader
• Desirably with prior experience of management at a senior level.
• Committed to high standards of teaching and learning.
• Excellent communication skills, with proven experience liaising with parents and carers.
• Innovative and inspirational.
• Enthusiastic and committed to a strong belief in teamwork.
• Able challenge and motivate children.
• Committed to working with parents and the wider community.
• Passionate about the children's learning, progression and welfare.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information and before applying.
About Wheatfield primary School
Wheatfield Primary School continues to be a good school rated by OFSTED in a recent inspection. We are a one-form entry in Wokingham, Berkshire. Learning and teaching is at the heart of everything that we do. We aim to inspire and engage pupils who will then go on to fulfil and exceed their potential. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met. We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and learning environment. We encourage children to:
• Be confident
• Be respectful
• Be adventurous, brave and true
• Be positive
• Be happy and
• Do the best that you can do
With an engaged and active community, this is an exciting time to join our school.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Salary: E&W Mains to Upper Pay Scale
Start Date: September 2023
Interview date: 28th March 2023
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment, please call on 0118-9896950
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place