Job title: Wellbeing Coach
Hours: 36 hours per week
Working weeks per year: 38 weeks per year
Grade: NJC Scale points 12-16 (£26,870 - £28,731)
Pro rata: £22,420 – 23,973
Post Start Date: As soon as possibleClosing Date for Applications: 3rd February 2023
We are seeking to appoint a committed and inclusive Wellbeing Coach at Northumberland Heath Primary School. The role of a well-being coach is to support and develop our ethos of a safe and happy place of learning and achievement for our children.
As a Wellbeing Coach within our school, you will be responsible for working with the school’s pastoral team to support our pupils to remove any barriers to their learning. You will work with the school to support the improvement of pupil punctuality, attendance and behaviour. This will be through a supervised timetable of cover in classes as well as working with children on a one-to-one basis or group model to support the school in ensuring every child has access to an excellent, broad and balanced education.
The post holder will:
• Be compassionate and inclusive with the ability to work well with stakeholders from all backgrounds
• Provide one-to-one support and/or support within the classroom for pupils in order to improve academic progress and learning.
• Provide group work opportunities for identified pupils to support them in addressing their issues.
• Organise a programme of activities outside the classroom that support the educational and social development of identified children including: - play therapy, school councils etc.
• Develop positive family support and involvement.
• Develop effective, child-focused relationships that empower pupils to be ambitious and compassionate
Candidates should refer to the job description/person specification and explain within their expression of interest how they meet the criteria, whilst also describing what they will bring to the post from their own knowledge and experience.
The successful candidate will work closely with the other members of the school team to provide the highest quality inclusive education throughout school. The role requires you to have ambition and drive for working with children and empowering all stakeholders to ignite the spark, reveal the champion.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be found; therefore, early application is encouraged.
Please apply by selecting the quick apply button or if you would prefer to complete a word application form, please contact us.
Northumberland Heath Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.