Note: Due to tight timescales, candidates will be considered as received. Should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early.
We at Brunel Academies Trust are a proud, growing educational community with a vision of “no barriers, only potential”. We strive to significantly improve the life chances and outcomes for our children and young people (CYP) whether they are within our SEND provisions or mainstream schools.
As a developing Multi Academy Trust, now is an exciting time to join our team at the brand-new site for Horizon’s College in Royal Wootton Bassett, as we look to secure a fantastic administrator to support the Transitions Team. Your role will be pivotal to ensuring successful annual reviews and transitions take place.
The main aim of this department is to ensure that the College Community feels a sense of well-being and is aware that there are people and processes to support them when needed. It supports students and their families when transitioning into Horizons College, and throughout their lifecycle with us before they embark on the next stage of their lives and meet the end goal of our Trust; to collaborate and build a successful community of mainstream schools and SEND provisions to ensure our students have the education they deserve.
The attached job description will detail your role in full. But at a glance, some of the key fields you will be responsible for include:
- Provide a comprehensive administrative support service, ensuring clerical functions are undertaken efficiently
- Organise and monitor annual review schedules and paperwork and ensure that all parties are informed of dates in a timely manner with assistance from Transitions Administration in accordance with statutory requirements
- Liaise directly with parents, professionals and teachers regarding annual review and EHCP information and provide advice to teaching staff and parents/carers regarding annual review and report writing /outcomes
- To manage the administration process with regard to new enrolments and admissions process, welcome and offer letters, consent and medical forms, transitions pack.
- Ensure student information is updated and maintained on the relevant software packages.
- Assist with Annual Reviews, attend Annual Review meetings and take notes.
- Manage the filing and organising of HSNAs, IPAs and care plans.
- Assist the Transitions Coordinator with the organisation and monitoring of annual review schedules and paperwork.
- Assist with annual review processes and EHCP information
Our person specification attached will contain the full areas of skills and experience, but it is really important to us that you feel comfortable and confident in your role, so although you may not have everything desirable, there are some essential features our appointee will need to have and these include:
- GCSE qualifications at grades A - C in Maths and English or equivalent
- Ability to effectively use ICT for a variety of purposes including Microsoft package and Outlook
- Organised, able to follow instruction and work independently
- Experience in annual reviews, schedules and administration
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience of working with and dealing with confidential information professionally
- Experience of diary management & minute taking
Brunel Academies Trust is a rapidly developing Multi Academy Trust. We value our colleagues and the effort they put into our children and young people day in and out. Whether through continuous professional development (CPD) to feed your ambitions, personal and impartial support through challenging days or exciting and easy to use discounts to enjoy with friends and family, we have a package of excellent benefits which are available to all staff including:
- Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
- Carefirst – impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
- Discounts with Swindon Designer Outlet Village
- Half term annual leave time
Most importantly, we can promise that you will achieve a high level of job satisfaction through the professional family community our colleagues represent; and the positive impact your role will have on supporting and developing our children and young people’s futures. Your role matters.
Location: Horizons College, Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon, SN4 8QQ
Contract Term: Term Time Only
Hours: 21 per week
Interviews: W/C 14th November 2022
To learn more about our Trust and our mission, please do visit our website at www. brunel.org.uk or for more information on this exciting opportunity please write to recruitment @brunelsenmat.org.uk.
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview in line with Safer Recruitment and KCSIE.
Brunel Academies Trust is dedicated to the vision of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. We value the contributions of all colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds and actively seek to promote an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.