Brunel Academies Trust are a proud, growing educational community with a vision to be an exceptional creative education family opening doors, opening minds and changing lives. We strive to significantly improve the life chances and outcomes for our children and young people (CYP) whether they are within our SEND provisions or mainstream schools.
Brimble Hill is a high performing primary school for students, aged 2 -11, with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. Rated Good by Ofsted in 2022, we are a vibrant and caring community co-located within a learning campus.
We are looking for a teacher with EYFS curriculum experience, but this is not essential. Our pupils are however, in need of a SEND Teacher who has the nurturing passion to encourage self-development in every aspect of our pupils’ educational journey.
You will be part of an exciting phase as we work together to meet the end goal of our Trust: to collaborate and build a successful community of mainstream schools and SEND provisions to ensure our students have the education they deserve.
Hours: 32.5hr per week
Contract Duration: Until 7th July 2023
The attached job description will detail your role in full. But at a glance, some of the key fields you will be responsible for include:
- To prepare for, provide and review class-based activities that lead to the effective education of the pupils in your charge and to develop in them the ability to take responsibility for their own learning
- To prepare, implement and review individual programmes and schemes of work in consultation with key staff and support professionals and in line with the curricular objectives of the EP
- To provide the HT with planning of all activities on a short, medium and long term basis
- To line-manage the provision of quality displays in well-organised and efficient classrooms and in the wider EP environment
- To contribute to in-service training
- To have a responsibility to develop and maintain a home/EP partnership which is harmonious and constructive
Our person specification attached will contain the full areas of skills and experience, but it is really important to us that you feel comfortable and confident in your role, so although you may not have everything desirable, there are some essential features our appointee will need to have and these include:
- Be an accomplished and experienced classroom practitioner
- Have experience in the teaching of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and have an understanding of Autism and associated barriers to learning
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Brunel Academies Trust is a rapidly developing Multi Academy Trust. We value our colleagues and the effort they put into our children and young people day in and out. Whether through continuous professional development (CPD) to feed your ambitions, personal and impartial support through challenging days or exciting and easy to use discounts to enjoy with friends and family, we have a package of excellent benefits which are available to all staff including:
- Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
- Carefirst – impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free parking on site
- Annual pay progression opportunities
Most importantly, we can promise that you will achieve a high level of job satisfaction through the professional family community our colleagues represent; and the positive impact your role will have on supporting and developing our children and young people’s futures. Your role matters.
Potential talent for this exciting opportunity are warmly invited and encouraged to visit our setting to explore how unique and inspirational our children and team really are. In addition to exploring our school’s journey to success via our website, please contact the school office to arrange a visit to tour the site or/and have an informal conversation with the Headteacher via 1793 493900.
To learn more about our Trust and our mission, please do visit our website at www. brunel.org.uk or for more information on this exciting opportunity please write to resourcing @brunel.org.uk
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview in line with Safer Recruitment and KCSIE.
Brunel Academies Trust is dedicated to the vision of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. We value the contributions of all colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds and actively seek to promote an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.