The appointed technician will provide technical support in the area of 3 Dimensional Design and Sculpture, to all students and staff within the Faculty of Creative Arts.
The successful candidate will be the backbone of 3D Art & Design modules, supporting learners and staff in module delivery. You will also demonstrate and supervise technical and practical skills which will maximise learner opportunities.
This is an exciting time to join Weston College. The College is Ofsted Outstanding, its Higher Education provision is graded Gold by the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) and has recently won the Lloyds Bank Employer of the Year award. In 2017, Weston College won the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education, one of only two Further Education colleges in the country ever to be awarded this prestigious honour. Furthermore, the College is ranked 28th in the not-for-profit category and 21st in the overall list of south west companies in The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list. The College is also an Investors in People Champion and has been awarded Gold by Investors in People, which demonstrates Weston College's commitment to invest in our staff to improve performance.
As an employee of Weston College you will have access to a huge range of benefits and support, including but not limited to:
- Wellbeing @ Weston hub, providing well-being support for all;
- A staff welfare officer;
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (available 24/7, 365 days a year);
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders, and the opportunity to complete this training yourself;
- A mentor to support you in your new role;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Regular staff conferences, with guest speakers;
- Staff social events;
- Free on-site parking (dependent on location);
- Great progression opportunities;
- Generous pension schemes.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced CRB check.