About us and the role
We are looking for an innovative and inspirational Teaching Assistant with Specialist Yoga & Mindfulness who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
Avanti Gardens School is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Some Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools, but Avanti Gardens is not a faith school. However, staff and students at Avanti Gardens School do not originate from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School and the Trust.
You will be working as part of a team who are passionate about providing the very best experience for our students.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- Lead the teaching of Yoga and Mindfulness in the school. Running clubs and supporting other areas of sports provision.
- Work under the guidance of the class teacher in the planning and implementation of work programmes with individuals or groups of pupils or the whole class to promote effective teaching and learning
- During the short term absence of the class teacher a Level 3 teaching assistant may be required to supervise the whole class and deliver pre prepared activities
- Observe, monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies determined by the teacher
- Provide support for pupils’ emotional and social needs by encouraging and modelling positive behaviour in line with school policy
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- Ensures the health and safety of all pupils
- Will show commitment to enhancing the school’s spiritual ethos
- Is committed to their own professional development
- Will inspire, challenge, motivate and support the whole school community
- Has excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
- Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Interviews will be held on 15th December 2022
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks. Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics. Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Gardens School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.