Start Date: As soon as possible.
Contract : Fixed term Contract until 31st August 2024 : Term time only to include INSET days (39 weeks per year)
Salary: Grade 10 (NJC 8-11), £22,777 - £24,054 per annum (pro-rata: £18,186 to 19,205 per annum)
Hours: 34.5 per week (Monday to Friday)
Abbeywood Community School are looking to appoint adaptable, flexible and resourceful Teaching Assistants, to join our dedicated and friendly learning support team, supporting academic progress of those students with additional needs.
We are looking for 2 full time dynamic teaching assistants,
- Work with a wide range of Teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning, which enables Students to achieve high standards and make appropriate progress
- Coach children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Support assessment and evidence learning
- Work with Teachers to create learning resources appropriate to the Student that they are supporting
- Be willing to research and learn about supportive technologies that can be used in the classroom
- Maintain a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Create opportunities for all learners (e.g. SEN, EAL, GT, all underachieving groups) to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
We are looking to recruit a candidate who can provide a strong and positive role model for students and someone who is keen to contribute to the academies visions and values. Applicants should be enthusiastic, self-motivated, have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and be prepared to work creatively with students to positively progress their educational and personal development.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. We encourage you to browse our website to obtain more information about working for The Olympus Academy Trust at Abbeywood Community School.
The Olympus Academy Trust is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their age, gender, disability, age, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. We have procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
The Olympus Academy Trust - Abbeywood Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff, volunteers and candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. Where given permission to do so, references will be requested for shortlisted candidates prior to interview. Candidates attending an interview should expect the interview panel to explore issues relating to safeguarding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.