Contract: Fixed term, term time only to include INSET days (39 weeks per year)
Duration: FTC August 2023
Salary: Grade 10 (NJC 8-11), £22,777 - £24,054 per annum (pro-rata: £17,131 to £18,092 per annum)
Hours: 32.5 per week (08:15 to 15:15, Monday to Friday)
Winterbourne Academy are looking to appoint adaptable, flexible and resourceful Teaching Assistant, to join our dedicated and friendly learning support team, supporting academic progress of those students with additional needs who are identified as disadvantaged.
This post is fixed term until August 2023 subject to budget review.
- Work with a wide range of Teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning, which enables Students to achieve high standards and make appropriate progress
- Coach children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Support assessment and evidence learning
- Work with the Teacher to create learning resources appropriate to the Student that they are supporting
- Be willing to research and learn about supportive technologies that can be used in the classroom
- Maintain a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Create opportunities for all learners (e.g. SEN, EAL, GT, all underachieving groups) to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
We are looking to recruit a candidate who can provide a strong and positive role model for students and someone who is keen to contribute to the academies visions and values. Applicants should be enthusiastic, self-motivated, have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and be prepared to work creatively with students to positively progress their educational and personal development.
The successful candidate will form positive relationships with students and their Parents/Carers, to support and gain their trust. They must have relevant experience in a similar role with a proven track record. All candidates are advised to refer to the candidate information pack before submitting an application.
All candidates must have a good standard of general education, to include literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to NVQ2 in English and Maths. Good interpersonal skills with both adults and children. NVQ3 for Teaching Assistants or other relevant qualification with at least one year’s practical experience of working with children.
• Pension Scheme
• Annual pay progression opportunities
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Corporate membership of Bristol Zoo/Wild Place at reduced rates
• Free onsite parking
• Coaching/Counselling services
• Termly and annual staff recognition and awards scheme
• Thrive Mental Wellbeing App
• Employee Assistance Programme
We recommend early applications as the academy reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date.
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants will be required to undergo security and vetting processes appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service. We have a suite of safeguarding procedures, policies and guidance for all of our staff and volunteers to ensure we actively promote children and young people’s welfare and safety. Moreover, as part of the safer recruitment process we will carry out online searches as part of the recruitment process. Details of online accounts will be requested at application stage.
We apply Equal, Diversity and Inclusion at all stages of recruitment and selection. We carry out shortlisting, interviewing and selection without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and will make reasonable adjustments to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as they are under-represented within the Trust.
We offer the opportunity of flexible working patterns where possible to assist with a work/life balance and welcome applications from people wishing to work on a part-time or job share basis for all roles including full time. We are happy to discuss flexible working from day one.