The Park Academies Trust are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible Teaching Assistant to join Red Oaks Primary School.
Hours: This role is Monday to Friday 28.75 hours per week during Term Time.
Salary: £20,253 - £21,591 FTE (£10.50 - £11.19 per hour) depending on experience.
The Park Academies Trust was formed in 2016 with the vision to make a significant contribution to improving education in Swindon and surrounds.
As a family of five schools; Abbey Park School, Lydiard Park Academy, Orchid Vale Primary School, Red Oaks Primary School and Bridlewood Primary School; the Trust offers a high quality all through educational provision from nursery right up to our Sixth Form based at Lydiard Park Academy, enabling staff and pupils alike to benefit from being part of a thriving multi-phase educational Trust.
The Role :
Supporting the pupil
• Participate in activities designed to meet the emotional, physical and learning needs of individual children and groups of children, including those with special needs.
• Participate in the planning, delivery and monitoring of individual education plan targets.
• Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and encourage them to take an interest in their own learning.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with individual pupils and groups to ensure that pupils achieve learning targets.
• Support pupils in developing effective relationships with peers, younger pupils and adults, challenging anti-social behaviour e.g. racism.
• Help pupils to develop self-reliance and confidence in a range of areas including decision making, problem solving and general life skills, and deal in a positive way with their emotions.
• To support the children’s needs but to give them space to work individually when appropriate.
• Working with individuals and groups, provide support for multilingual/ bilingual pupils and enable them to access the curriculum.
• Working with the class teacher, specialist teacher or SENDCo, support pupils with communication and interaction difficulties.
• To deal with minor medical problems and to clean and change children if necessary and where appropriate (please see Intimate Care and Good Practice Guidance).
Supporting the teacher
• When time allows, assist with the general organisation of the learning environment.
• Take responsibility for maintaining accurate records in accordance with school policies, data protection.
• Use a variety of methods to observe and report on pupil performance in group and individual situations.
• To help create a productive learning environment; ensuring the teacher’s expectations are mirrored. Communication between the teacher and TA should also be in a quiet manner and should not take place across the classroom.
• Assist with the implementation of individual behaviour management plans.
• When directed, communicate with parents and other designated carers about the care and education of their children. Promote partnership working between home and school and help to develop and maintain parental interest in their child’s education.
We offer: -
• A positive and dynamic environment in a Trust which is growing in both size and success
• A strong pupil ethos centred on mutual respect and fulfilling potential
• Excellent opportunities for CPD across the Trust.
• Competitive salary
• Staff Discount portal
• Support from experienced and knowledgeable colleagues across the Trust
• Enthusiastic, approachable and dedicated colleagues
• Attractive Pension Scheme
• Access to Benenden Health Care Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
Red Oaks Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.