Weston Green School
An exciting opportunity for a part time, flexible Teaching Assistant to work in our wonderful, nurturing independent school.
Do you have experience as a TA / HLTA or 1:1 support in Early Years / KS1 / KS2
Do you have enthusiasm, and energy to work as part of our supportive and friendly team in an inspiring school environment?
Weston Green School is a 2 form entry independent school situated in Thames Ditton, Surrey. Our school is an incredible place where children grow and thrive to become independent and confident young people, who achieve exceptionally well but also enjoy their experiences immensely and develop a life-long love of learning.
We are seeking to appoint a flexible, and experienced assistant who can support groups of children and classes, and there may also be opportunities to cover classes for short periods for the right candidate. Initially this post is for a 2 term contract from January 2023, but may become permanent in the future.
We seek someone who :
- Is an enthusiastic and dynamic member of our team
- Has an excellent broad experience of working in a school
- Has the ability to work as part of a team under the direction of a teacher as well as being able to show initiative and lead groups.
- Has a working knowledge of phonics, spelling, grammar, punctuation, maths and comprehension, as well as an understanding of ways to support learners.
- Is experienced with possibly HLTA status or Level 3 equivalent (desirable).
- Can show a commitment to developing good relationships with; children, staff at the school, parents and outside agencies
- Has supportive & positive behaviour management skills
- Has high expectations and is friendly, hardworking and supportive and above all flexible!
We can offer:
- A small, friendly two form entry school with a strong pastoral and community ethos
- A supportive, caring and inspiring team
- Children who are fun, and exciting to teach
- Extremely supportive parent body
- Small class sizes
- Excellent development opportunities
This is initially a two term contract, term time only with flexible hours within the school day to be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the possibility of a permanent contract in the future. If you are interested please do contact the school to discuss further the possibilities of this role and the flexibility around hours.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Closing date: Friday 16th December at 12:00 noon
Interviews held: Early January
We welcome visits to the school. If you would like to find out more or arrange a visit please contact Rachel Ranger or the school office.
Weston Green School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism. We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website.