Teaching Assistants required to support our children at Somerdale Educate Together.
Somerdale Educate Together Primary Academy is a new school which opened in September 2017, on the new Somerdale estate in Keynsham.
- Are you seeking a new opportunity and challenge?
- Do you enjoy helping children progress and think learning should be fun?
- Do you have high aspirations for all children?
- Are you enthusiastic, kind and nurturing?
- Would you like to join a growing team and help us develop our ethical education?
- Are you flexible and willing to turn your hand to anything in the school?
- Have you had experience of group and/or one to one support?
- Would you like to participate actively in professional development opportunities both in school and elsewhere?
Educate Together have schools in Bristol, Bath , Swindon and Weston-Super-Mare with plans for more schools in the future. Along with the National Curriculum, we teach a unique ethical curriculum called 'Learn Together' that is particularly suited to the education of children for life in today’s diverse and globalised world.
All of our schools operate under the following principles:
- Equality based – all children have equal rights of access to the school and children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds are equally respected.
- Co - Educational – all children are encouraged to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities.
- Child – centred – we always put the children at the heart of every decision and activity. If it is not in the interest of the children’s learning or welfare then why do it?
- Democratically run – we encourage active participation of parents, children and the community in the daily life of the school whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers.
If an equality-based education is vital to you, this is an exciting opportunity to join Educate Together . We are currently seeking Teaching Assistants with creativity, enthusiasm and a desire to make a real difference to our children.
We are looking for teaching assistants, with some experience. We need excellent TAs who are flexible and happy to work in any year group, if needed, but also understands the value of play and personal development. These posts involve working with all children but also with children with SEND including ASC and social and communication needs. Experience and training of working with children with additional needs would be beneficial. Candidates without these relevant experiences would need to be prepared to undertake additional training. At all times you will be working with the guidance and support of the class teacher and SENCO but some planning of activities would be required.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who can inspire and develop a love of learning in our children so that they will reach their full potential.
Our ideal Teaching Assistants will:
- have experience working with children with specific needs
- have some knowledge and understanding of complex needs
- have experience of supporting and leading individuals and small groups
- be willing to learn and develop professionally
- be flexible and have the ability to use their own initiative
- be committed to actively supporting and modelling the ethos and values of Educate Together
It is important to us that we work closely with our children, parents, staff team and the local community therefore we need a team player who can help build our school family, developing positive relationships with all these stakeholders.
All our staff will receive continuous professional development through our own in-school training, our partner schools in England and Ireland and training providers in the UK. You may visit other Educate Together schools to learn more about our ethos and the Learn Together curriculum and to develop links with these schools, both professionally and for our pupils.
We have 3 posts available:
- Post 1: 8.30am – 3.30pm, Monday to Friday plus an extra hour each week till 4.30pm to attend staff training sessions. Permanent
- Post 2 : 8.30am - 12.30, Monday to Friday . Fixed Term Contract until 31/07/2022
- Post 3: 12.30pm - 3.30 pm Monday to Friday plus an extra hour each week till 4.30pm to attend staff training sessions. Permanent
The salary is ETAT Grade B which is currently £20,841 pro rata.
The actual salaries are:
- Post 1: £16,281
- Post 2: £9720
- Post 3: £7776
Closing date is Monday 5th December at 9am. Interviews will follow shortly afterwards. Please state on your application which post you are applying for.
Interview invites will be sent via email, please check your junk folders for emails from us.
Somerdale Educate Together Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.