Job title: Teaching Assistant
Hours: 32.5 hours per week (full time)
Working weeks per year: 38 weeks (Term time)
Grade: NJC Scale Point 5-6 (£23,949 - £24,342)
Pro rata: £18,040 - £18,336
Post Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date for Applications: 28th Feb 2023
We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to join Willow Bank Primary School. As a teaching assistant no day is ever the same, you will work with whole classes, small intervention groups and on a one-to-one basis to support our children to access the curriculum and receive excellent educational opportunities.
We are looking for an adaptable, flexible, and resourceful individual who shares the same passion for learning as the school team and strives to seek excellence in every day.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Supporting children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
Woodland Academy Trust seek to appoint colleagues who share in our values and mission to ignite the spark and reveal the champion. We recognise that in order to offer the best outcomes for our children, our staff teams need the opportunity to be the very best they can be too. We do this by ensuring we have in place for all staff:
- Continuous professional learning focusing on core areas;
- Working collaboratively with agencies around us and offering formal training opportunities, bespoke and targeted professional development as well as in-house, bespoke training from our many experts and coaching and mentoring;
- Embedding initiatives to support with reducing teacher workload;
- A strong supportive ethos with dedicated line management structures and clear communication channels;
- Well-being assistance and support including a dedicated employee assistance helpline and occupational health;
- Opportunities to take part in exciting initiatives and projects that help shape the way our children will learn in the future;
- Wide range of family friendly policies in place for staff;
- Recognising national terms and conditions for staff;
- Teachers and Local Government pension schemes;
- Cycle to work schemes.
The successful candidate will work closely with the other members of the leadership team to provide the highest quality inclusive education throughout school. The role requires a real passion for working with children Please download the application pack for this vacancy for further information including the job description and person specification.
If you would prefer to complete a word application form, or require any support completing an application form, please contact the school.
We reserve the right to close this position early should a suitable candidate be found therefore early application is advised. Visits to the school are welcomed and can be organised by contacting the school.
Willow Bank Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.