Teaching Assistant required for Parson Street Primary School
Contract: Fixed Term until the 20th July 2023 (due to funding),Term Time only plus inset days. Multiple positions available.
Salary: £21,968 - £24,054 FTE (Actual Salary £16,801 - £18,396) This is dependant on experience and qualifications.
Hours: 32.5 hrs Mon-Fri, 8.40am - 3.40pm
Parson Street Primary School is at the heart of the community with pupils from Nursery to Year Six. We are looking to appoint a number of High-Quality Teaching Assistants, so this is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a committed and dynamic team, focused on providing the very best education within our school and dedicated to making a difference.
The appointed candidates will work effectively as part of a committed and dedicated team of practitioners who care passionately about the children they work with. We have an expectation that all staff work to a high standard, have a conscientious approach to their work and are able to use their initiative.
- Supporting children in class, in small groups or on a 1:1 basis.
- Structing leaning activities and evidencing learning.
- Planning and delivering interventions
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners.
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability.
- Engaging with CPD, training and coaching.
The successful applicant will be / have:
- Have a minimum of GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 (or equivalent), plus additional GCSEs or NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) for more experienced applicants.
- Experience of working in a learning or childcare setting (or relevant field).
- Knowledge of practices involved in safeguarding.
- The skills and understanding necessary to engage all people in their learning.
- Able to contribute to the life of the school.
- The ability to work under direction as part of a team and able to use their own initiative.
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment.
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development including training and coaching.
- Pension Scheme.
- Free and confidential access to employee assistance programme.
- Employee benefits including cycle to work and eye care schemes.
- A member of Trust in Learning (Academies)
For further information on the roles available see the Job Descriptions and Employee Specifications attached.
Application Deadline: Ongoing (early application is advised as applications will be considered as they are received and we reserve the right to appoint at any time in the process).
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: ASAP
Parson Street Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the expectation is that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
It is our policy to obtain references prior to interview
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Trust in Learning (Academies) is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance. Our policy and practice is in line with the Department for Education’s ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ Guidance 2022.
We ensure that all appropriate measures are applied in relation to everyone who works for the Trust who is likely to be perceived by the children as a safe and trustworthy adult. Safer recruitment practice includes scrutinising applicants, online checks, verifying identity and academic or vocational qualifications, obtaining professional and character references, checking previous employment history and ensuring that a candidate has the health and physical capacity for the job.