Fixed Term until 31 August 2023
32.5 hours per week, 38.4 weeks per year
Actual Salary: £19,883 to £20,925 per annum, depending on experience (NJC5 point 12-15 - full time equivalent salary £26,089 to £27,525 per annum)
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking for an additional Teaching Assistant to join our successful Individual Learning Department which also houses our Specialised Resource Provision (SRP) area. You will need to be a dedicated, flexible, organised and calm individual who can show you are able to work as part of a team. The department prides itself on supporting students with additional needs to successfully reach their full potential, both academically and pastorally. This position would suit a person who is interested in working and supporting our students in the classroom, or alternatively someone who is considering entering the teaching profession and would like to gain some classroom experience beforehand.
- is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
- believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded the ‘World Class School’ Award in 2019 and 2022;
- values and promotes continued CPD and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
- has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
- is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoys a thriving sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
- a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
- a school that actively promotes and supports staff wellbeing;
- a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
- a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
- on-site parking;
- close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
- after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, which may be corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.
The Waldegrave Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, which may be corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought.