St Peter's is a renowned successful school and sixth form in Guildford. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Teacher of Physics, starting in September 2023.
About St Peter’s:
St Peter’s Catholic School, part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust, is an extremely successful school and sixth form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford, with onsite parking. Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources. Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent. We are also a partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
About the Science Department:
• As a team we are friendly, hardworking, positive and passionate about our subject. We work hard to engage and inspire all students.
• In years 7 and 8, staff teach all three Sciences and from Year 9 onwards, wherever possible, they will teach their specialism up to GCSE standard.
• Opportunity to teach A Level specialism if desired.
• The department benefits from nine laboratories situated on two floors and three preparation rooms, including a chemical storeroom.
• We have three Science Technicians to support the work of the department.
What we can offer you:
• An outstanding, high quality weekly training programme for ECTs, to help you to become a confident, outstanding teaching professional.
• Excellent personal development at all levels with access to national professional qualifications for middle and senior management.
• The scope to offer suitably experienced candidates’ additional responsibility if desired.
• One to one coaching as standard for all staff.
• Weekly CPD built into the school day.
• A friendly, supportive environment where best practise is shared to ensure high quality teaching and continuous development.
• An extensive range of benefits and discounts with the Surrey County Council MyBenefits Scheme.
• All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• An enthusiastic and dynamic teacher of Physics able to teach to at least GCSE level.
• Experienced and ECT applications are welcome.
• Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
As we are unable to offer a sponsorship, we can only accept applications from candidates that already have the right to work in the UK.
If you are passionate about your subject and want to really make a difference to the lives of young people then St Peter’s could be the school for you.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We do not want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
If you are interested in the position, but would like further information before applying please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager,. .
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.