We have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding and highly motivated Teacher of PE to join Abbeywood Community School.
This will be offered on a fixed term contract until 31st August 2023 with the possibility of leading to a permanent role.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality lessons, motivate, challenge and inspire our students. They will:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to raise standards of provision and outcomes
- have the ability to establish successful and productive relationships with students, parents and staff
- have an active commitment to extra-curricular clubs and fixtures
- have knowledge of teaching a wide range of sporting activities
- have the presence and drive to raise the profile of physical education within the academy and beyond
- have a strong sense of team work and a willingness to contribute and a desire to improve their own and the faculty’s practice.
Both ECT teachers and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
The post-holder will work at Abbeywood Community School and will benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. The Olympus Academy Trust (OAT) is a partnership of schools, currently comprising nine South Gloucestershire schools; one all-through, three secondary and five primary academies.
- An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies to support our endeavours to work smarter.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- Onsite parking.
- Employee benefits such as Pension, cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. We encourage you to browse our website to obtain more information about working for The Olympus Academy Trust at Abbeywood Community School.
Closing Date: Friday 24th March 2023 at 9am
Interview Date: Thursday 30th March 2023
The Olympus Academy Trust - Abbeywood Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff, volunteers and candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. Where given permission to do so, references will be requested for shortlisted candidates prior to interview. Candidates attending an interview should expect the interview panel to explore issues relating to safeguarding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.