Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (Full or Part-time)
Competitive salary to be negotiated
A vacancy for a teacher of Modern Foreign Languages has arisen at Cardinal Griffin Catholic College. Governors are therefore seeking applications from suitable candidates to join us from 1st September 2023.
The Governing Body is seeking a practical and creative individual who is an ambitious and passionate Modern Foreign Languages teacher who can teach French and/or Spanish.
We are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated individual who:
- is an outstanding Modern Foreign Languages teacher that is absolutely committed to ensuring that students achieve exceptional outcomes and enjoy Languages;
- is always looking to improve the quality of provision for pupils and is relentless in the pursuit of excellence;
- is able to develop effective practice through planning, action, reflection and evaluation
- is agile, flexible and collaborative in their approach to working with others, especially when under pressure;
- can communicate effectively with staff and pupils;
- is a resilient and highly committed person.
- is supportive of our Catholic Ethos;
In return candidates can expect:
- to join a highly motivated, ambitious developing department
- curriculum leadership that places great emphasis on the importance of students studying modern foreign languages
- supportive and hardworking colleagues committed to going the extra mile for pupils
- to be part of a College with a strong Catholic ethos and well-behaved pupils
- support for both new teachers and those at different career stages is excellent as are opportunities to grow develop and progress
Cardinal Griffin Catholic College is a medium sized 11 - 19 secondary school, situated in Cannock, Staffordshire. This is an exciting time in the life of the College. On the back of a very positive set of examination results in summer 2022 and following the appointment of a new Headteacher for September 2022, the College is seeking to accelerate its progress towards becoming an outstanding school. This appointment will support that ambition.
ECTs who can demonstrate the potential to be outstanding teachers are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon, Monday 27th February 2023.
The College reserves the right to close this post prior to the published deadline should it receive sufficient applications to pull together a good field of candidates. We therefore encourage candidates to submit early applications.
We do not accept applications via CV’s or from recruitment agencies.
We welcome further discussions about the post and these can be conducted using a variety of online platforms or by telephone. Please contact us to discuss this if it will be helpful to you.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings cautions and convictions in your application form. Applicants will be subject to an online search if shortlisted. Where the role involves engaging in regulated activity relevant to children, candidates should note that it is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
See the link for our safeguarding policy: https://www.cardinalgriffin.org.uk/Parents/Safeguarding-In-Our-College/