Teacher - Maths/Science
Contractual type: Full time - permanent
Salary: MPR £25,714 - £36,597 Teachers pay and conditions
The Catch22 Multi Academies Trust is the vehicle for our sponsorship of an expanding number of academies focusing on learners who can benefit from small, supportive alternative education provision.
The Ashwood Academy is a small, supportive alternative education centre for learners aged 11 to 16-years-old. We are an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school and we provide short-term placements for young people in the Basingstoke area who need additional behavioural, emotional or medical support.
You will be a passionate teacher to engage students in mathematics or science; not just to pass an exam, but to be able to express their emotions in a therapeutic and positive way.
Our students often require support to build trusting relationships with professionals and you will have high expectations and a belief that they can succeed. You will be someone who can think outside the box with creative lessons for our onsite and offsite students, as well as bring a unique element to the team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that the teaching area is organized appropriately to provide a safe, tidy, pleasant and stimulating environment.
- Planning and delivering an appropriate curriculum based on individual needs having due regard to pupil entitlement.
- Teaching a range of subjects at different levels across the key stages.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with families/carers.
- Experience working with pupils with complex needs
- Specialist SEN training
- Writing and implementing effective behaviour targets for pupils
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
The Ashwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.