Teacher of Languages
Full-time – permanent (part-time hours also available )
From September 2023 (or sooner)
Tor Bridge High in Plymouth, rated Good in all aspects by Ofsted in November 2021, was described as a school where “Teachers’ high expectations of pupils means that work is well presented and completed to a high standard”, that “The school prides itself on learning free from disruption...pupils enjoy school and say that they feel safe” and “Staff and pupils have strong relationships”. As well as this endorsement Tor Bridge High has been oversubscribed consistently for many years.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, innovative and inspiring practitioner to join our team of committed teaching professionals at Tor Bridge High.
We welcome applications from candidates who can teach both French and Spanish at Key Stage 3 from both newly qualified and more experienced teachers.
If you are:
· keen to join a school where you will be well supported and encouraged to develop professionally;
· able to teach French and Spanish to KS3 and French and/or Spanish to KS4;
· passionate about modern languages and inspiring young people through excellent teaching and learning;
· innovative, hardworking individual and an excellent practitioner;
· willing to go the ‘extra mile’ to support our students’ progress and success;
· an excellent team player, looking for a role in well led, organised and resourced Modern Language department.
we would be delighted to hear from you.
An information pack and application form is available from the School website. For further details, or to arrange a visit, please contact school Reception.
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday 19th April 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing 24th April 2023
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Tor Bridge High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.