Teacher of Drama
Start Date: TBC/Flexible
Contract Type: Permanent Full time/Part time hours will be considered
Bradon Forest School requires a dynamic, enthusiastic and well-qualified teacher of Drama. This post would be suitable for a highly competent NQT or a teacher with experience and a proven track record of success. The Drama faculty is a team of talented, supportive and innovative teachers whose passion and enthusiasm for their subjects has helped secure a history of successful examination outcomes. This is an excellent opportunity for professional development in a very supportive and caring school.
The ideal candidate will facilitate, support and encourage to help all students achieve their potential, work with colleagues to support high standards of behaviour and attainment. Whilst maintaining a positive and thriving school environment for our learners.
We are looking for a creative and inspiring teacher who:
• Values the opportunities and support we can provide beyond the classroom
• Has high expectations of themselves, colleagues and students
• Is an excellent role model for both students and staff
• Has the teaching skills to motivate students to learn and progress
• Is capable of leading a team of capable professionals to achieve even more
• Can communicate effectively with parents, students and staff
WHAT WE OFFER:
• An excellent induction programme including support for those returning to teaching/new to schools
• Flexible working
• A comprehensive CPD programme including specialist training provided by internal and external providers.
• Coaching and mentoring support from senior leaders for those new to leadership roles
• A caring and supportive environment where wellbeing is a key priority - flexible working requests will be considered
• An Athelstan Trust newsletter that shares best practice and latest news
• A research informed Athelstan Trust CPD programme led by experienced staff across five schools
• Continual collaboration and sharing of resources to reduce workload and improve provision for students
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• An extensive enrichment and trip programme
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
Bradon Forest School is a well-respected and popular 11 – 16 comprehensive and our catchment area takes from rural and urban communities. The school is well situated just north of the M4 (J16), within easy travelling distance of Bristol, Bath, and Swindon and on the edge of the Cotswolds. The Athelstan Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust formed in 2015 currently consisting of five secondary schools (Malmesbury School, Bradon Forest School, The Dean Academy, Sir William Romney’s School and Chipping Sodbury School) in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire. All our schools share a deep commitment to delivering an excellent comprehensive education to all the students in the Trust.
The Athelstan Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this obligation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We are a flexible working employer, and we are willing to consider any reasonable adjustments you require so please ask us during your interview.
Closing Date: Sunday 18th February 2023
Interview Date: Friday 24th February 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
No CVs accepted; Bradon Forest School application form only. We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates who are shortlisted for interview.
A charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales, as The Athelstan Trust Company No: 7699625.
Bradon Forest School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.