Part-Time Maternity Cover - 0.46 FTE
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, energetic and creative teacher of Drama to cover maternity leave to start as soon as possible. Applicants should be capable of demonstrating outstanding practice and have a passion for the subject. The timetable is spread across 3 days (Monday-Wednesday) each week.
Sir William Romney's School is a small 11-16 school in Tetbury in the heart of the Cotswolds. We are proudly comprehensive and committed to ensuring that our students are successful both academically and holistically. You can find out more about our ethos and Intent on our school website.
In April 2020, we became part of The Athelstan Trust, a Multi-Academy Trust, which consists of five secondary schools: Sir William Romney's, Malmesbury School, Bradon Forest School in Purton, The Dean Academy in Lydney and Chipping Sodbury School.
Teaching staff at Sir William Romney’s School enjoy a wealth of employee benefits including:
• An excellent induction programme including support for those returning to teaching/new to schools
• A comprehensive CPD programme including specialist training provided by internal and external providers
• Access to the nationally recognised OLEVI Outstanding and Creative Teacher Programmes and NPQ programmes
• Coaching and mentoring support from senior leaders for those new to leadership roles
• A caring and supportive environment where wellbeing is a key priority - flexible working requests will be considered
• An Athelstan Trust newsletter that shares best practice and latest news
• A research informed Athelstan Trust CPD programme led by experienced staff across five schools
• Continual collaboration and sharing of resources to reduce workload and improve provision for students
• Excellent career progression opportunities
The Athelstan Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust formed in 2015 currently consisting of five secondary schools (Malmesbury School, Bradon Forest School, The Dean Academy, Sir William Romney’s School and Chipping Sodbury School) in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire. All our schools share a deep commitment to delivering an excellent comprehensive education to all the students in the Trust. The Trust offers further career development opportunities for colleagues to work across more than one school in a supportive environment.
No CVs accepted. Please complete the Athelstan Trust application form on our school website and accompany this with a letter (of no more than two A4 sides) outlining your experience to-date and the particular strengths, interests and qualities that you could bring to the position. Please read the relevant job description.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th 2022 at midday. Please note that interviews may take place prior to the closing date by mutual agreement.
The Athelstan Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this obligation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure by the DBS. Please visit the school website for further information.
If you do not hear from us, you may assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful, in which case may I take this opportunity of wishing you well with your future career aspirations.
A charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales, as The Athelstan Trust Company No: 7699625.
Sir William Romney's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.