An exciting opportunity has arisen to come and be part of our Academy that sits in the beautiful heart of the Somerset levels where students are inspired and challenged to go beyond what they ever thought was possible. We are a welcoming, safe, and engaging school looking for our next exceptional candidate to join our successful team.
We are seeking a dedicated, well-qualified practitioner with a relevant degree and a teaching qualification, who is keen to develop their own practice to the highest level. The post holder will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to raising the achievement of all learners by ensuring teaching across the curriculum is of the highest quality
- Able to make positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents alike
- Has high professional standards
- Able to plan and deliver innovative and inspirational lessons that engage pupils
- Has the ability to teach up to KS5
At Huish Episcopi Academy, we are looking for a KS4/5 class teacher to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students.
The Computing Department comprises a Head of Computing, and one full-time Computing teacher, as well as teachers from various departments who teach Years 7 - 9.
For detailed information please open the academy's welcome pack as well as a department overview document.
What we can offer you:
Huish Episcopi Academy recognises the importance of investing in our colleagues, and as such we offer a number of benefits, please also refer to the welcome pack for further information:
- Discount for on-site leisure membership
- Simply Health staff benefit scheme
- Access to Care First, a free and confidential employee assistance programme
- Free tea and coffee
- Staff wellbeing committee
- Staff clubs
- £2K recruitment incentive payment paid over initial 12 months of employment
We believe in great teamwork and mutual support, so if you enjoy working as part of a dedicated team, sharing knowledge, experience and learning please complete the application form and we will be in touch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to ensuring all applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria. If you think you would be a good match for any of our roles and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Huish Episcopi Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.