“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.”
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding personal and spiritual development for all pupils.
Pupil’s take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.”
Section 48 Inspection
The school has 1,475 students with 303 in the Sixth Form.
Headteacher: Ms M Noone
Address: Shorts Road, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 3PS
Part-time Teacher of Art (2/3 days per week)
Main\Upper Teachers Pay Scale, commensurate with experience
(Required for November 2022)
Do you want to work in one of the Top 100 schools, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment? Whether you are an experienced teacher or NQT this is an opportunity to excel in this challenging and rewarding role.
We are seeking to appoint a part-time Teacher of Art to work with our students aged between 11-18 years old. The ideal candidate with have the vision, and gravitas to work with young people and contribute to general school life.
You should be:
- Be well qualified and enthusiastic.
- Be able to teach Art across the 11-18 age range.
- Be passionate about Art.
- An ability to teach Photography would be advantageous.
- Be committed to improving teaching and learning.
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and able to work under pressure.
- A generous time allocation for planning, preparation and marking.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- A superb opportunity for an experienced practitioner to work in a flourishing department.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a thriving school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded via this link.
Interviews: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. We reserve the right to close the position once a suitable applicant is appointed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring