Support Tutor Maths
Salary: £23,937 - £24,912 pa
Actual Salary: £20,484 - £21,318 pa
Contract Details: Fixed-Term (Until 23 June 2024), Part-Time
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since the merger with Swindon College to become one College. Also, following the successful 20M bid, the new Institute of Technology, opening in September 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles. These exciting developments will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff. It’s a really great time to be joining us!
About the role:
We are seeking for a Support Tutor Maths to join our College to provide support with knowledge and skills development for targeted students disadvantaged by Covid-19 and with opportunities to catch up and meet the required standard to succeed and ensure successful progression.
You will support the students to develop skills, confidence, knowledge and understanding of target students through 1:1 or small group delivery.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
• Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
• Excellent Pension scheme
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
• Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will be required to:
• Support individual students or small groups on programmes of study, taking into consideration any specific learning difficulties and how to adapt teaching accordingly
• Impart relevant study skills and self-management techniques to individual students as required
• Set SMART targets
• Monitor and report student progress
• Monitor attendance and engage with students, parents and course teams to ensure attendance
• Attend review meetings with course teachers and progress coaches
• Liaise with the Additional Support Team
Qualifications and experience required:
• Minimum of Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
• Teaching qualification is desirable
• Level 3 qualification in Maths
• Knowledge of the FS and GCSE specification requirements
• Experience of working with young adults in a support role
• Very good technical English skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS to the satisfaction of New College, will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 16 August 2022
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.