Speech & Language Therapist – Part-time
In the range of £33,706 to £40,588 depending on experience (Band 6) pro rata
Three days per week, 41 weeks per year.
As a Speech and Language Therapist at Heathermount school, you will be an integral part of our dynamic onsite multi-disciplinary therapy team dedicated to building the confidence of students and preparing them for life. Our therapy team provides Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational therapy and Clinical Psychology.
As an autonomous professional working within our therapy team you will help to provide a high-quality educational experience for our young people. Alongside the lead SALTs, you will deliver therapy, train others, and help to shape a developing service while enhancing your own clinical skills. You will contribute to service specific projects and could follow through your own ideas with the support of the experienced lead SALT.
You will need a HCPC recognised speech and language degree. The role includes assessment, diagnosis, and management of children with complex speech, language, and communication needs. You will work closely with families, peers, and professionals across the education setting.
If you are enthusiastic, keen to learn and share our commitment to maximising every child’s potential we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
• The opportunity to work as part of a team of therapy staff and teachers dedicated to the achieving the best outcomes for students’
• The opportunity to work with children from early years right through to secondary providing ongoing professional development and variety
• Small group, one to one and class work opportunities
• Small caseloads and the opportunity to undertake comprehensive assessments, deliver therapy and see outcomes achieved
• A competitive salary and contributions to your pension
• Continuous professional development and training
• Support and supervision from a more senior Speech and Language therapist for more complex cases
• Employee assistance and counselling service, wellbeing support and advice
• A friendly and supportive working environment
Heathermount is a forward looking and ambitious specialist school in Ascot. We provide education for children and young people aged between 4 and 19 years who have a diagnosis of an autism spectrum condition (ASC) and may face other challenges such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). We are a well-resourced day school with excellent facilities and benefit from 14 acres of beautiful grounds which we make good use of to improve students' well-being.
Our students follow one of three learning pathways which take into account their individual needs and we offer a range of qualifications and learning experiences from ASDAN and Functional Skills through to Level 2 NVQ/BTEC and GCSE's.
Therapeutic practices and input are embedded throughout the school day and our therapy team is an integral part of the school community, collaborating closely with staff, students and families.
Heathermount School received a “Good” Ofsted inspection (Feb 2019) and has its Autism Accreditation mark.
Heathermount is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All positions are subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, Barred List check and references.
Visits and informal discussions are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please do contact us.
Closing date: 3/03/2023
Interview date: W/C 13/03/2023
Heathermount School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.