£19,920 - £23,661 (dependent upon skills, qualifications and experience)
We are seeking an Instructor who can instruct learners in practical skills for the achievement of Certificates of Competence in the safe use of pesticides, hand-held pesticide application, and tractor mounted pesticide application.
The successful candidate will have extensive practical experience and knowledge gained from working within the agricultural or horticultural industry, have a keen interest in training people and be willing to undertake an in-house training development programme if a recognised training qualification is not already held.
There is flexibility with regards to the working pattern which will be discussed with at interview.
Closing Date: 15 August 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.