Senior Marketing and PR Officer
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) are seeking to appoint a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our Marketing & PR team in the role of Senior Marketing & PR Officer. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career with an Ofsted Outstanding college.
The successful candidate will deliver marketing activities to support the end-to-end student recruitment journey and build the external reputation and brand awareness of NSCG.
Working closely with the Head of Marketing, and with the support of a small team, you’ll be responsible for specific marketing projects, developing and implementing multi-channel campaigns and fostering positive relations with stakeholders. Your keen creative eye, fantastic attention to detail, exemplary communication skills and analytical mind-set will be fully utilised when planning and implementing recruitment, retention, brand and campaign activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- With the Head of Marketing, you will support the planning, production and delivery of a cycle of multi-channel marketing and communications activity to support the objectives of the College’s strategic plan.
- Use research and insight to inform the marketing planning process and with the wider team create brand, campaign and tactical plans to support recruitment targets and reach the College’s core audience segments, including the 16-18 youth audience and their influencers, adults, apprentices and employers.
- Working with the Head of Marketing and external agencies to develop the NSCG brand, implementing a range of on and offline communication activities including, but not limited to: prospectuses, social media marketing, website content, digital advertising, traditional media and events.
- As a brand champion, you will have a creative nature and keen eye for detail to ensure that all communications are designed, developed and approved in line with the brand guidelines and on an ongoing basis will be responsible for policing brand communications to ensure consistency.
- Provide leadership and expertise to direct reports, allocating responsibilities, managing resources and throughput to enable the team to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Monitoring and analysing of recruitment data and competitor activity to ensure the ability to implement tactical plans in an agile manner.
- Support projects and initiatives as determined by the Head of Marketing and lead, specific schemes of work, co-ordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Work with peers to develop, implement and evaluate a series of targeted communications using the email CRM tool, which maps communications to various stages of the student journey.
- Liaise with, and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to: marketing agencies, senior management, colleagues, students, employers, media and printers.
- Contribute towards service development and innovation, by reviewing and implementing procedures and appraising campaigns and activities using data and insight, to deliver continuous improvement.
- Delivery of a consistent/professional customer experience, providing first-class service aligned to the strategic plan ‘committed to excellence’.
- Educated to A Level standard, or equivalent.
- A degree in relevant field would be desirable but not essential.
- CIM qualification or willingness to work towards one, as appropriate.
- A minimum of 5 years working in a marketing/communications function
- Experience of leading operational marketing activities and delivering integrated multi-channel campaigns using social media, media, digital media, web, PR and print.
- Line management experience is desirable but not essential
- Thorough understanding of communications and creative processes.
- Excellent attention to detail – a right first time approach.
- Ability to write and interpret briefs. Copywriting, proof reading and editing skills.
- Exceptional service skills and ability to build professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work flexibly with occasional evening/weekend working to cover key events.
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel within region for business purposes.
What’s in it for you?
NSCG offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 24% employer contribution)
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Flexi-time scheme and flexible working options available and other family friendly leave schemes
- 25 days annual leave entitlement per year, 8 bank holidays plus a 2 week closure period at Christmas (annual leave entitlement increases to 31 days with service)
- Free on-site car parking with access to EV chargers (Newcastle only)
Newcastle-under-Lyme College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.