NORTHMEAD JUNIOR SCHOOL
We have an exciting opportunity for an outstanding SEN practitioner to become SENDCo at Northmead Junior School from September 2023. We are looking to appoint a passionate and enthusiastic teacher with experience in special educational needs to lead SEND provisions across our school.
Northmead is a thriving, diverse and inclusive three form entry junior school with a COIN Centre. We are part of the Learning Partners Academy Trust, an aspirational Trust, defined by its core values of leadership, learning, aspiration and collaboration.
This is your chance to work in a highly supportive and inclusive school where every child is valued as a unique individual. We believe all children have the right to enjoy and achieve to the best of their ability in a safe, happy and secure environment.
This is a permanent position with the possibility of part-time (3 days SENDCo) or full-time (3 days SENDCo + 2 days class teacher). The salary range is dependent on experience: MPS/UPS + TLR2.
We are looking for a teacher with:
- At least 3 years teaching experience in mainstream primary.
- An interest and passion for working with children with SEND.
- A commitment to gain Qualified Teacher Status National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators within 3 years, if not already held.
- Experience of identification, curricular planning and progress monitoring of students with SEND.
- Ability to develop effective relationship with colleagues, pupils and parents.
We can offer you:
- A friendly, committed and highly skilled staff team.
- A highly supportive governing body and multi academy Trust.
- Employee benefits scheme including high street discounts and cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Free car parking.
Closing date for applications is 17th April 2023.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via a DBS check.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of Learning Partners Academy Trust. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workforce and particularly welcome suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to join our trust.