We have an exciting opportunity for a part time (0.6) SENDCo to join the team of Little Mead Primary Academy, which is part of Endeavour Academy Trust. There is the opportunity to add a second contract of a PPA cover role of 1 or 2 days per week if desired. Please state in your application if you are interested in this opportunity
Little Mead is a two-form entry primary school with a thriving nursery accepting children from 3 years old. The school is situated in the heart of Southmead in North Bristol and plays an active role in the life of the local community. We are seeking to appoint a passionate and dedicated SENDCo capable of delivering educational excellence. You will be pivotal in leading and developing our talented, diverse team of professionals to deliver our Trust's vision of “Outstanding Outcomes for All”. You will demonstrate a keen appreciation and understanding of the unique character of the school and its community and be passionate in supporting families to ensure our children meet their full potential.
We are looking to appoint a SENDCO with experience of working with students with a range of additional needs and an excellent knowledge of SEND provision and support. This role will focus on those children with the highest and most complex needs but will also involve working alongside the Assistant Head Teacher Inclusion coordinator to support our teaching and learning and pastoral support teams in delivering high quality ordinarily available provision.
As part of the Trust's mission to be the employer of choice, we prioritise effective workings relationships and as a leader in our school, you will be able to demonstrate a track record in effectively leading and managing the team of Teaching Assistants and building purposeful and collaborative relationships with parent/carers and professionals. You will hold the National SENDCO Award.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable for all students
- Is forward thinking and outward looking with a clarity of vision
- Is aware of the national and local agendas in SEND
- Can forge positive, productive relationships with parents and carers and external providers
- Has excellent analytical and data skills and the ability to provide challenge and support
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt
- Can create an environment in which our children feel especially safe, valued and happy
- A high degree of personal integrity, strong personal drive, and resilience
In return we can offer:
- A committed and friendly team aiming for excellence
- A commitment to high quality professional development
- Supportive and encouraging Senior Leadership Team.
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools in North Bristol. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Little Mead Primary Academy, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy and our newly-built primary school Charlton Wood Primary Academy.
This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of excellent schools with ambition for every child.
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the tailored professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own teams. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer enhanced terms and conditions of employment (compared to standard teacher/local authority entitlements), a friendly working environment with supportive leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
- As a minimum, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- Varied and challenging work with pupils, parents/carers and other professionals;
- A chance to make a real contribution to the effective working of the team;
- Supportive senior leaders across all the Endeavour schools;
- Professional development opportunities across the Trust;
- Paid induction and training suited to the role;
- Tailored career progression through a performance management cycle for all staffing groups;
- Free tea, coffee and milk;
- Confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme;
- Free parking;
- Use of the Cycle Scheme;
- Paid completion of DBS check;
- Flu vaccination vouchers;
- Free eye tests (where employee is desk-based);
- Where eligible, automatic enrolment to the relevant pension scheme;
- Honouring of continuous service earned in the Local Authority;
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact the school office to book at place. Tours are available on 2nd or 7th February at 2:30pm or 9th February at 5:30pm.
Shortlisting: 23rd February
Interviews: 1st March
Start date: To be discussed (As soon as possible, 17th April or 1st September 2023)
Little Mead Primary Academy is part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our Child Protection Policy on the trust's website:
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.