TLR 1D + SEN Allowance
Required for January 2023 or earlier by negotiation
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Friday 8th July 2022
Interviews are currently planned for the week beginning Monday 11th Juy 2022
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and successful SENDCo to join our thriving, oversubscribed and outstanding all-through school.
The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the Governors wish to appoint a candidate of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic co-educational school and keen to share in the leadership of our All Through Provision.
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) as a Multi Academy Trust is committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in our school communities. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us. For example:
● In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School
● In August 2011 we converted to Academy status
● In 2012 we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013
● In summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed
● In October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted.
● In 2016 we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor. The Dunraven Educational Trust was established.
● In September 2018, our Multi Academy Trust was formally set up with the integration of Van Gogh Primary, followed by Goldfinch Primary school in January 2019 and the Elmgreen and Rosendale schools in September 2021.
If you are successful in your application, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
● a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
● clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success in developing leaders;
● a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
● excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
● a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
Dunraven Educational Trust schools are committed to the safety and protection of their students. An enhanced DBS certificate and a barred list checks are conditions of employment for this post.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Dunraven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.