Lydiard Millicent CE Primary is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated 1-1 SEND Teaching Assistant to join our fabulous team on a contract linked to a specific child with additional needs.
Lydiard Millicent is a well-established one-form entry Wiltshire primary school situated in Swindon.As an academy within the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust, Lydiard Millicent’s Christian vision and values are firmly rooted in all we do, creating a positive and inclusive atmosphere where children of all faiths and none can thrive. We are very proud of the external verification our school has received. In 2018, our Ofsted inspection judged that our school had remained ‘Good’ and our Church Inspection (SIAMS) grading in 2015 was ‘Outstanding’.
Our school vision of ‘Believe, Learn, Grow’ is at the centre of our curriculum and as children move through the school, they develop the knowledge, skills, values and behaviours they need to continue to flourish and succeed in their lives beyond Lydiard. Lydiard Millicent CE Primary is part of the growing Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust.
We are looking for an enthusiastic SEND Teaching Assistant, with experience of working with children with a wide variety of needs, to join our school.
This role is to support a child with an Education, Health and Care Plan.
The hours of work are 23.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only.
It will involve working 1-1 with a child; planning, resource preparation, administration, observation and assessment; liaising with and supporting the other members of this child’s immediate team and liaising with parents and outside agencies to meet the requirements of the EHCP.
Salary grade D points 14 - 17 £21,029- £21,255 FTE. Actual Salary £11,214 - £11,334
We need someone who is:
- Experienced working as a Teaching Assistant;
- Experienced working with children with ASD;
- Experienced working with children with SEMH needs;
- Flexible and able to adjust plans at the last moment;
- Kind, resilient, consistent and empathetic;
- Able to support the school’s Christian ethos.
We can offer you:
- A warm and welcoming family of staff and children with a passion for learning;
- An attractive and innovative state of the art environment with excellent facilities including a sensory room;
- A school that is passionate in caring for its staff so that they are at their best to care for each other and the children;
- An enthusiastic, committed and hard-working team ;
- Academy Councillors; Diocesan Board of Trustees and school leaders who are all committed to building an innovative, effective learning environment firmly based on Christian values;
- Fantastic CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme;
- Opportunities to use your ideas and talents to have a positive impact, not only on each and every child and family, but also on the wider life of the school.
Please contact the School Office if you would like to visit our school.
Closing date: Monday 17th April - 9am