Currently working as a Teaching or Learning Support Assistant? Experienced working with children with disabilities? Passionate about SEN and education? Jigsaw School wants you to join our teaching team.
We have opportunities available for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our teaching team at Jigsaw School, a day school for children with autism aged 4-19 years old. This rare opening will give you access to numerous funded training and qualification opportunities in SEN teaching whilst gaining a breadth of experience with children of varying ages and abilities. At Jigsaw School, we use behaviour driven teaching strategies and interventions to encourage positive outcomes and development of our pupils.
Salary: £18,626 per annum. You will also receive a £1,000 bonus upon joining.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 16:30 (till 17:30 on Tuesdays)
Jigsaw School Benefits
- £1,000 bonus upon joining
- Regular salary progression with opportunities to increase as soon as 6 months from joining
- Career advancement opportunities to senior roles including Lead Teacher and Class Supervisor
- Additional opportunities to broaden your skills including Mental Health First Aider, School Council Representative and Pupil Behaviour Support
- Opportunity to work alongside our in-house team of Occupational and Speech & Language Therapists
- Staff wellbeing and support facilities
- Enrolment into our pension scheme
- Term time only working
Have you heard about our funded training and qualifications opportunities?
- Regular training in Safeguarding, Emergency Medication, Behaviour Management, Personal Care, Autism, First Aid and more
- Access to a wide range of Education & Childcare courses including RQF CACHE Level 2, 3 & 4 in Early Years, Learning Difficulties and Teaching & Learning
- Behaviour specific qualifications including Teaching Ranks, Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT), Board Certified Behaviour Analysis certification (BCBA) and Masters in Behaviour Analysis
Whatever your interest, we have something for you to help build a career in SEN education!
Teaching Team Responsibilities
- Provide teaching and support to pupils with autism, following individualised curriculums
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons and activities, focusing largely on life skills
- Support pupils’ participation in trips, applying theory-based learning to practice
- Provide behaviourally based support to reduce behaviours that impact quality of life
- Provide personal care, encouraging pupils to maintain acceptable levels of hygiene (toileting, feeding)
- Track pupil progress, ensuring teaching and support is appropriate and effective
- Assist with breaktime duties including playground support and snack time
What do you need?
- Professional, personal or voluntary experience of working with children or disabilities
- Comfortable working with children who exhibit challenging behaviour
- Comfortable supporting others with personal/intimate care where required
- Ability to keep calm in high pressure situations
- Minimum Grade C/4 GCSE in English Language & Maths or equivalent
- Drivers licence or access to a lift (due to remote location)
Does this rewarding role sound like a fit for you? To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply Now' button below and start your application.
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check (the cost of which will be paid by Jigsaw), teaching prohibited checks (if applicable), ID check, satisfactory references and proof of qualifications.