Learning Support Assistant
Starting March 2023
Temporary Position – Term time only
Monday – Friday 8.40am – 3.20pm 33 hours/week 39 weeks per annum.
Actual salary range is £15,230 - £15,974 p.a. (The salary will be dependent on experience and will be within the range of XCET3 pay currently £19,313 to £20,257 Full Time Equivalent (April 2022 rates – currently under review).
This support role can be undertaken by more than one assistant as a job share at 15 hours/week minimum per assistant. We are open to be flexible so please contact us for more details.
We are looking for committed staff to support an individual pupil on a one-to-one basis in their learning.
The position is for 33 hours per week, 8.40am – 3.20pm Monday – Friday, Term Time Only. It is offered initially as a temporary contract but there may be opportunity to extend.
This positon lends itself to a job share – 15 hours minimum/week – which can be worked mornings only or afternoon only or a combination. We are open to be flexible so please contact us for more details.
We are looking for applicants who:
• have a determination to make a difference in the children’s progress and development
• are self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to getting the best outcomes for our children
• have the ability to work as part of the team as well as through their initiative
• have good English and Maths skills/knowledge (GCSE Equivalent)
• have high expectations of themselves and the children they work with, including promoting independence where possible.
• will preferably have experience supporting children within the classroom with accessing learning.
We can offer you:
• a fulfilling role in a school with a strong community feel, with motivated and enthusiastic children.
• The chance to work with a supportive and friendly team of people who care passionately about the children and will work hard to improve outcomes for them.
• Professional development opportunities that will see your skills and knowledge grow and develop.
For further information or an application pack, please contact the school office on -1483 414497 to speak to the SENCo or Headteacher or email
Closing date: Thursday 16th March 2023
Interviews Tuesday 21st March 2023
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We don’t want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive vetting process including a Disclosure and Barring Service check
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.