Salary: TSAT Pay Group 4 £23,817 - £28,723 (Pro rata salary £21,976 - £25,780 for hours and weeks stated)
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours a week (8AM-4PM) , Term Time + 10 days (40 weeks a year)
PLEASE NOTE : Whilst this is a full time role we are willing to consider part time applications of a minimum of 3 days per a week.
Interview Date: TBC
We are currently recruiting for a Science Technician to join The Victory Academy. Successful applicants will be able to provide general and practical support in science laboratories and provide high quality support to the senior science technician and science teaching staff.
“Staff universally feel well supported by leaders” Ofsted 2020
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
What you will need to succeed:
- An enthusiasm for Science and for helping young people to be their best selves
- A willingness to learn and the confidence to develop professionally
- An understanding of safe working practice in the science department and the determination to ensure that these practices are met
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programmes, including Office
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A strong commitment to supporting science education for students aged 11-18
- A willingness to work with students to ensure they feel safe and supported in science lessons
- A willingness to keep up-to-date with CLEAPSS and HSE guidance and to take part in necessary training
- A professional and flexible approach that ensures we put the students’ experience first
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What you will get from our Trust
- Revised support staff pay scale to retain and reward excellent people
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other colleagues within the school and our Trust to help you support outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice staff at both PHSG and other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal chat with the line manager of this position please contact the Kealy Davidson at the school.
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, please contact the recruitment team.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.