1 Year (Maternity Cover)
Responsible to: Senior Science Technician
Pay scale: NJC Scale 4 (7-10) - (£24,279 - £25,614 pro-rata)
Work pattern: Full-time, Term Time Only
Required for: September 2022
Deadline to apply: Midday, Friday 8 July 2022
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your enquiry about the key post of School Technician (Science) at The Elmgreen School. The purpose of the role is to support the effective and efficient teaching and learning in the Science Department through the provision of technical and other support. A good science background is essential as are excellent organisational skills.
- Under the direction of the Senior Science Technician to prepare practical resources, equipment and materials to meet the needs of the science curriculum.
- To give technical advice to teachers and students.
- To assist class teachers with or to carry out demonstrations of scientific experiments.
- To ensure the maintenance of a healthy & safe working environment.
- To provide technical advice and support on health & safety issues to teaching staff and students.
Dunraven Educational Trust Overview
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working,
committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.