Reigate School is looking to appoint a School Counsellor to provide a high quality counselling support service to children experiencing a wide range of emotional needs. In addition, you will be required to provide support, guidance and advice to children, parents, carers and the whole school community, including training for the wider workforce, building their understanding of emotional wellbeing and mental health needs.
As well as having the resilience to cope with the challenges of the role, we are looking for someone committed to working collaboratively with stakeholders to create the very best environment for learning.
This is an exciting time to join a thriving and growing multi academy trust committed to ensuring our children have safe, secure, innovative and inspirational learning environments. Interested applicants are warmly invited to contact the Reigate School Business Manager to discuss the role in more depth.
The successful candidate will:
- be an accredited counsellor for children or working towards this;
- have an excellent understanding of the Children’s Act, Keeping Children Safe in Education and other legislation pertaining to children;
- have an awareness of the wide range of needs of those from diverse backgrounds;
- be passionate about working with children; and
- be kind, caring, patient and have excellent listening skills.
In return we can offer you:
- a fantastic working environment committed to collaborative working and high performance – joining a team of skilled and hardworking professionals;
- an excellent staff assistance programme with access to wellbeing and health initiatives, including counselling, physiotherapy, menopause and weight management support;
- opportunities and support for professional growth and continuous professional development (including apprenticeships) both at Reigate School and through the wider Greensand Multi Academy Trust;
- oversubscription secondary school admission criteria for children of staff working at Reigate School (who have been employed for more than two years at the time of application); and
- a staff benefits scheme.
- Greensand pay point 17 – 21, £27,708 to £30,940 FTE, £18,539 to £20,702 Pro Rata
Hours of work:
- 28 hours per week (4 days per week 8.30 – 3.30), 39 weeks per annum, term time plus 1 week.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Thursday 25th August 2022, however please be advised applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to appoint before the advertised closing date. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Reigate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Candidates who have lived, travelled or working overseas for more than three months in the last 10 years will also be required to undertake an overseas police check.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced CRB check will be required.