School Office/Finance Assistant
Starting As soon as possible
Permanent Position – part time
Term time only
18 hours/week 39 weeks per annum - working pattern ideally 5 mornings but possibly over 3+ mornings - starting 8.30am
Actual salary range is £9,995 - £10,960 p.a. (The salary will be dependent on experience and will be within the range of XCET 5 pay currently £23,243 to £25,484 Full Time Equivalent (April 2022 rates).
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to join our School Office team at St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School in Godalming. This is a varied and fulfilling role with a mix of finance and administrative duties.
We are looking for someone who is
• enthusiastic and cheerful and who has the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of the team as well as on their own initiative
• an excellent communicator with both parents, children and staff
• confident in working with financial processes and systems
• Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the role with excellent organisational skills
• has a good level of IT skills – confident in use of use of spreadsheets, Word,
• experienced in working in an administrative or financial role and should have good communication and organisational skills. Experience of working in a busy school office environment would be desirable but not essential.
We can offer you:
• a fulfilling role in a school with a strong community feel, with motivated and enthusiastic children.
• The chance to work with a supportive and friendly team of people
• Professional development opportunities that will see your skills and knowledge grow and develop.
For further information or an application pack, please contact the school
Closing date: Wednesday 15th February 2023
Interviews w/c 20th February 2023
Interviews will include an in-tray exercise and financial task.
Shortlisting will take place upon application - Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We don’t want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive vetting process including a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.