Background to the Post
The Hairdressing and Beauty department at Leamington and Rugby section offers a wide range of courses. Students benefit from training within our professional salons on site.
This post will supervise the Technician part of Instructor / Technicians within the area, and manage the salons and stock accordingly.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Royal Leamington Spa College
Our Royal Leamington Spa campus delivers various specialisms from Hair & Beauty to Games Art & Design. As well as these courses we also have an onsite Bistro where some of our students complete their catering courses. We offer a broad range of career opportunities including teaching and support roles.
- Evidence of previous experience within the Beauty and Hair industry.
- Previous experience in reception and stock control skills
- A qualification in an aspect or aspects of Beauty Therapy and Hairdressing
- Assessors A1 award (or equivalent qualification) or willingness to undertake
- IT Experience
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to undertake
- Teacher Training Qualification or the willingness to undertake the courses required to gain this.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
- Good communication skills and a professional manner.
- Able to deal with staff, students of all ages, reps, visitors and the general public.
- Work as a member of a team and attend meetings.
- Be flexible with regard to hours of work.
- Be versatile and adaptable.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.