Visual Arts teacher / Professeur d'Arts Visuels-Plastiques
To start 1 September 2022 (team induction week starts 24 Aug. 2022)
Contrat de droit local avec possibilité de demande de détachement
Advance your career within the Lycée's innovative, collaborative and dynamic environment established in providing a versatile means to differentiate the learning experience and encourage creativity and collaboration amongst our students. With fantastic opportunities for professional development, we can provide bespoke courses to match the needs of our teachers. Our internal digital and teaching specialists can equip you with the right experience, knowledge and training you need to succeed.
Overview of role
All our teachers teach in their native language. This role is for either a native-level English or French speaker. A full-time teaching role is 20 hours/week contact time + 3 hours support to students/class cover. The remaining time is for PPA, collaboration and meetings.
Pour des professeurs titulaires du ministère de l'éducation nationale, nous proposons un contrat de droit local avec possibilité de demande de détachement / mise en disponibilité
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Deliver instruction that supports the variability of learners
- Model, foster and create an environment where an innovative mindset is cultivated
- Write your own schemes of work
- Use long and short range planning to ensure that the curriculum is met and aligned with school standards
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, hands-on/project-based activities to increase student learning and confidence to learn for all students
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Analyse student assessment results to help inform instruction
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians
- Maintain up to date records of student achievement on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centered learning
Why work at LIL ?
- An international school 'Outstanding’ in Personal development, behaviour & welfare, and Sixth form provision, where you will join a very strong team of highly qualified and experienced teaching and support team.
- A welcoming and innovative environment in which to teach and learn
- A vibrant location, easily accessible by Underground
- Generous LIL rewards and benefits package (see below)
We can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Free loan of iPad worth £1,000 non-taxable
- Free lunch (during term time) cooked fresh in our kitchen everyday, equivalent to £1,000/annum non taxable
- Fantastic work spaces and ressources
- Multiple professional development opportunities
- Up to 85% tuition remission for up to 2 children
- Enhanced paternity/maternity leave
- Enhanced sick leave scheme
- Health Cash Plan special rate
- Perkbox account paid for by the school
- Free hot drinks throughout the day
What we are looking for at LIL
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of a modern, bilingual, progressive and dynamic school where innovation and care provide the foundation on which we build a path to excellence for every student. We would like to hear from you if you have:
- QTS (or equivalent) / CAPES and/or a relevant degree
- An Art History qualification is desirable but not essential.
- At least 3 years previous experience teaching in a similar role, preferably in an international environment
- Experience (or familiarity with) iPad apps for teaching and learning
- A passion for education and making a difference
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to motivate others to high expectations
- Energy and enthusiasm
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the Lycée International de Londres. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the Lycée.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.