Practical Instructor Electrical Installations
Full Time 37 hours per week, some evenings required
£22,814 - £24,928 per annum – Depending on expereince and qualifications
Based at the St Albans Campus
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed, professional individual to work with our students. As a practical instructor in the Electrical department, you will oversee all practical unit duties ensuring best practice is promoted and maintained against industry standards, whilst ensuring health & safety is followed at all times.
You will oversee aspects of assessment, planning, ordering, costing and payments as part of your role.
In addition, you will provide support to Lecturers by tracking and assessing students’ progress, you will help maintain student portfolios to the required standard for their qualification and provide feedback and guidance to support and reinforce their learning. In addition to this, you will prepare materials, tools and equipment, workplaces and workstations and ensure that agreed Health & Safety and environmental practices are implemented and adhered to.
A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills is required, it will be desirable for you to hold a Level 2 or 3 Electrical qualification or have equivalent experience within Electrical Installations. Some experience of teaching / training within the subject area is desirable but full training will be provided if required.
This is a full-time role with some evening and weekend work as required, please refer to the job description when submitting your application.
Closing date Sunday 16th October – early applications are advised as the advert may close before the closing date.
Interview date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching
• Free onsite parking
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently underrepresented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.