£24,237 - £25,671 pro-rated (dependent upon skills, qualifications and experience)
Applications are welcomed on an employed basis or self employed via an approved company
We are seeking a specialise trainer who can be engaged on a casual basis to instruct learners in practical skills for the achievement of Certificates of Competence in the Safe use of Pesticides, Hand-held Pesticide Application, and Tractor Mounted Pesticide Application.
The successful candidate will have extensive practical experience and knowledge gained from working within the agricultural/ horticultural industry, have a keen interest in training people and be willing to undertake an in-house training development programme if a recognised training qualification is not already held.
There is flexibility with regards to when the short courses are run and this can be discussed at interview. Please contact the HR team if you would like to speak to someone within the curriculum team about the role in more detail.
Closing Date: 14 November 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Free on-site parking
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.