Right to work in the UK
The EU's free movement rules no longer apply in the UK. European Economic Area ('EEA') nationals must be granted immigration permission to live and work in the UK. There are numerous requirements that employers sponsoring individuals under the Skilled Worker route must meet.
Advance your career within the Lycée's innovative, collaborative and dynamic environment established in providing a versatile means to differentiate the learning experience and encourage creativity and collaboration amongst our students. With fantastic opportunities for professional development, we can provide bespoke courses to match the needs of our teachers. Our internal digital and teaching specialists can equip you with the right experience, knowledge and training you need to succeed.
Overview of role
This part-time teaching role includes up to 13 periods/week contact time + 2 hours support to students/class cover, from Monday to Friday, from 03/01/2023 or earlier if possible. Please visit our website for more information on our Primary curriculum and set up.
- Teach (in English) to Primary students. Level Y5-Y6
- Deliver instruction that supports the variability of learners
- Model and create an environment which fosters critical thinking
- Use long and short range planning to ensure that the curriculum is met and aligned with school standards
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies to increase student learning
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Analyse student assessment results to help inform instruction
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians
- Maintain up to date records of student achievement and progress on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centered learning and positive discipline
- Participate as an active member of the Primary team and school community as a whole
- Any ad-hoc tasks requested by management
Why work with us?
- An international school 'Outstanding’ in Personal development, behaviour & welfare, and Sixth form provision, where you will join a very strong team of highly qualified and experienced teaching and support team
- A welcoming and innovative environment in which to teach and learn
- A vibrant location, easily accessible by Underground
- Generous LIL rewards and benefits package (see below)
Salary & Benefits
We can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- School's own salary grid
- Free loan of iPad worth £1,000 non-taxable
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen everyday, equivalent to £1,500/annum non taxable
- Fantastic work spaces and resources
- Professional development opportunities (internal and external)
- Tuition remission for max. of 2 children (discretionary)
- Enhanced paternity/maternity leave, 2 weeks fully paid
- Enhanced sick leave scheme to support you when you need it most
- Travel when chaperoning trips
- Perkbox account paid for by the school
- Free hot drinks throughout the day
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of a modern, bilingual, progressive and dynamic school which promotes excellence through care.
- QTS + PGCE / teaching qualification
- At least 3 years previous experience teaching Primary students in a school classroom environment
- Experience (or familiarity with) iPad apps for teaching and learning
- A passion for education and making a difference
- The ability to work under pressure during term time and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to contribute to the wider success of the school
- Ability to see the bigger picture and volunteer time and energy to our project - Open Days, fairs, school events
- Ability to take responsibility for your own professional improvement; engagement with our individual growth programme which aims to develop each professional who works with us.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.