Part-Time Lecturer - Singing
Salary: £15.85 - £23.84 per hour
Contract Details: Thursdays – 7 hours, Term Time Only
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since the merger with Swindon College to become one College. Also, following the successful 20M bid, the new Institute of Technology, opening in September 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles. These exciting developments will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff. It’s a really great time to be joining us!
About the role:
- To teach 16-18 year olds.
- Musical Theatre and Singing.
- To include: vocal technique, singing technique, preparing learners for solo, duo, small ensemble - up to full scale Musical performance work & some anatomical knowledge.
- A good/strong grounding in Musical Theatre as a performance genre.
- Able to play the piano (min of Grade 4) in order to deliver lessons.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
- Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, that values their staff, you have come to the right place.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Subject-related qualification at a minimum of Level 5 or subject-related occupational competency.
- Appropriate teacher qualification or work towards achievement.
- Level 2 Qualification in Literacy & Numeracy or prepared to gain if requested to do so.
- Experience of course planning, lesson planning, delivery and assessment methods.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply!
If you have family or friends who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS to the satisfaction of New College, will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 31 August 2022
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.