We are seeking to appoint an experienced, proactive and highly competent Office Manager to work at Chestnut Primary School as part of our busy front office team.
This is a varied role and will give the successful candidate an opportunity to lead on all aspects within the school office. Chestnut Park School is committed to providing an excellent administration service and giving a friendly welcome to visitors coming into the school.
The post holder will manage the full range of operational administrative support to Headteachers and the Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a busy school office, including managing Admissions and Attendance and should have a good level of familiarity with school information systems (i.e., SIMS or other MIS databases). Due to the nature of the post, they will need to be flexible in their work ethic and willing to support the rest of the school team when needed. Reporting to the Head of School, this key appointment will ensure high standards of operational administration and support for the whole school community.
The successful candidate will be managing our hardworking and friendly school office team and will need to be highly organised and able to work under pressure in a busy environment.
The Office Manager will manage this function within the school for the Headteachers, working in partnership with the GLF Trust Team.
About Chestnut Park Primary School
As a modern school, built in 2016, Chestnut Park benefits from state of the art technology within a modern, purpose built environment. We are also proud of our Ofsted inspection (June 2018) in which we were awarded 'Outstanding' in all areas.
Ofsted found 'Pupils’ behaviour in class and around school is exemplary. They are polite and well-mannered and demonstrate very positive attitudes to learning. Leadership is strong at all levels. Existing leaders identify and nurture potential leaders. Leaders invest in high-quality training to support improvement'
Our vision is that Chestnut Park Primary School will remain a primary school of excellence, where every child is both challenged and inspired to achieve beyond their dreams. We believe every child should be inspired by a rich and varied curriculum which focuses on establishing the highest standard of basic skills, whilst nurturing independent learners and thinkers.
Why work at Chestnut Park Primary School? - Join the GLF Schools Community
Join Chestnut Park School and experience:
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- New top of the range facilities to aid Teaching and Learning.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
We are looking for applicants with the following skills:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and confidence in collaborating to support team working.
• Experience in a busy school office environment; including experience with Student Attendance, Admissions, Scheduling and School Trips and required reporting.
• Experience in managing a small team, including daily team work priorities.
• Demonstrate competence in school based IT systems, SIMS, Parent Mail and MIS registers.
• Experience of operational office procurement and finance management, including stock management and invoicing.
We can offer you:
Hours: 8:15am - 4.00pm (Mon to Thurs) and 8.15am - 3.45pm (Fri), 36 hours per week, term time (40 weeks per year).
Salary Pay Scales: Specialist Range : FTE: £23,800.00 - £32,300.00 (Pro Rata : Point 1 £21,000.00)
Interviews : rolling.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date. Please submit your application as early as possible.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place