Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2022 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
Skipton has good transport links and is easily accessible from Burnley 19 miles, Bradford 18 miles, Keighley 10 miles and Harrogate 22 miles.
We are currently seeking to employ a committed and motivated Motor Vehicle – Technician/Instructor, to assist with the day to day running of the College’s Motor Vehicle facility, apprenticeship delivery, part time provision and related commercial events in conjunction with the Head of the Land Based Department.
Instruct learners on a defined range of units/modules/practical activities to meet curriculum requirements, in line with College Quality Assurance procedures. Assist with the preparation of equipment and resources to support the delivery of the curriculum and events within the Department of Land based Studies, with particular emphasis on Motor Vehicle courses, in line with the College’s Health and Safety Policy and Regulations and the needs of the College. In conjunction with the Motor Vehicle staff team, identify the requirements for students on work experience/industry skill enhancement and to supervise them whilst working in the College’s Engineering facility
- Motor Vehicle Level 3 Qualification
- Broad knowledge and experience of working within the Motor Vehicle setting, with a range of vehicles, including Electric and Hybrid models
- Knowledge of correct hygiene and cleaning procedures and a keen awareness of Health and Safety issues, including practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, safe working practice and risk assessment;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team and with students with a wide range of abilities and needs;
- Liaise effectively with College staff, students, owners, legislative awarding bodies, industry professionals, external visitors and outside suppliers;
- Ability to maintain accurate records relating to workshop practice and documentation required for the Engineering facility, whilst adhering to the systems and procedures to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the facility;
- Current First Aid at Work qualification or willing to work towards;
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with good time-management skills;
- Knowledge and experience in relation to stock control and inventory;
- Experience of instructing or teaching, including assessing and maintaining record for practical activities, and experience of quality processes within the practical assessment team;
- Ability to work flexibly to a consistently high standard on own initiative with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to work flexibly around the needs of the College, commercial ventures, and the Engineering Department including some weekend work, with occasional evenings and unsocial hours;
- Full driving licence and experience of tractor driving, arena levelling, and maintenance;
- Qualified First Aider, or willing to work towards qualification;
- Up to date IT skills, timely processing of orders and response to requests via email or Microsoft applications, including liaison with staff, students and external parties;
- Willingness to support staff as required in other specialist areas within the Department;
- Experience within Welding and Fabrication and qualification at level 2 or above
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.